The Akatsuki is an criminal organisation consisting of A-rank or higher criminals. The original Akatsuki was defeated by the Allied Shinobi Forces during the Fourth Shinobi World War and were disbanded after the deaths of Tobi and Kabuto Yakushi. The group was later revived by Shien Uchiha.
The first group operating under the name were the formed during the Third Shinobi World War, by the Ame Orphans, with the goal to stop the war. Nagato later led the team into its more known shape, consisting of criminals and with the goal to collect and seal the Tailed beasts. After Nagatos death, Tobi, under the alias of Madara Uchiha, revealed himself as the true mastermind behind the organisation and its true purpose. This caused the start of the Fourth Shinobi World War, in which the Akatsuki was annihilated.
Five years after the wars official ending, Shien Uchiha started rebuild the Akatsuki for reasons yet unknown. However, it is clear that he wants to re-collect all the Tailed beasts.
Rings and positionsEdit
- Right thumb (rei, "zero") - worn by Shien Uchiha. Its colour is purplish grey.
- Right index finger (ao, shõ, "blue", "green") - worn by an unnamed member. Its colour is teal.
- Right middle finger (bya, "white") - worn by Genzo Netsuishi. Its colour is white.
- Right ring finger (shu, "vermilion", "scarlet") - worn by Sasuke Uchiha. Its colour is red.
- Right little finger (gai, "sign of the boar") - worn by an unnamed member. Its colour is green.
- Left thumb (gyoku, "jewel", "ball") - worn by Atsuto Uchiha. Its colour is purple.
- Left index finger (san, "three") - worn by an unnamed member. Its colour is orange.
- Left middle finger (hoku, "north") - worn by Danh Waru. Its colour is dark green.
- Left ring finger (nan, "south") - worn by an unnamed member. Its colour is yellow.
- Left little finger (ku, "sky", "void") - worn by an unnamed member. Its colour is slate blue.
- All the organisations leaders have worn their rings on one of their thumbs.
- Sasuke wears the same ring as his brother wore.